Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stella birthday card



I made this card tonight for one of my co-worker's who has a birthday coming up. I saw this Stella stamp (Leaning Tower of Stella) and just had to use it. Both this stamp and the happy birthday sentiment are from Stamping Bella. I inked them both with Memento Ink in Tuxedo black and embossed the Stella with clear embossing powder and the happy birthday with a shimmery embossing powder. I also used Liquid Applique on top of the cupcake. After colouring in the image with my Tombows, I went around the outside of them with a Gelly pen to add some sparkle. You can't really tell from the picture but I used pop dots to give the image some oomph. I think it turned out cute and I'm hoping my co-worker likes it.

Thanks for checking out the card!! Have a good night everyone!!

8 comments:

Meli Palmer said...

I think this card is super cute. Is that paper sparkly?! If so...well, extra kudos :o)

Sue from Oregon said...

that little cupcake gal is so funny!

Cheribella said...

When I grow up I want to be Stella...LOL
She's much too cute and just says it like it is.

SherryBee said...

Such a cute card!!!
What did you use to outline her? I love that glitter...
I like how you did the HBD in the silver glitter, too!

mueppi said...

Your card is great!
I love this cute image!
Hugs gisela

April Hall said...

That is such a great card! I love the shimmer!

orangedaisy said...

what a girly card, love the pink
x

Lindsey said...

really cute Sarah...love the pink!

Lindsey