Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Hi everyone!! It's been way too long since I posted a new card to my blog...a lot has happened since I last posted. My dad got sick at the end of November and every free moment I had was spent at the hospital with him...after a brief battle with cancer, my dad passed away on January 25th. It's been hard for me since then as I'm trying to take care of everything of his but I have plenty of support from friends and family.

This is the first card that I've made in a very long while and it's a Valentine's card I made for my boyfriend. I've been eyeing this really cute stamp (Eunice and Irving) from Stamping Bella for a while now and I picked it up when I visited the store for the first time last weekend.

I inked it in Memento Ink and coloured it in with my Stampin' Write markers. I used SU! cardstock (Kraft, Whisper White, and Real Red) and matched it with some Basic Grey patterned paper (Sugar Rush). I used my corner rounder on all of the corners and also used my cute new heart edge punch from Martha Stewart on the patterned paper. To finish off the card, I added some clear baubles that I picked up from Stamping Bella, a heart brad, and some Stickles in Stardust. I think my card turned out pretty cute and I'm sure my boyfriend will appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation. Hope you all had a great weekend and a happy Valentine's day too!!

3 comments:

Good Kardma by Jules said...

So sorry to hear about your father. It's always so hard to lose someone you love.

Your card is super cute! Love the DP and the image is just adorable.

Christine Riley said...

I'm so sorry about your father, I know what it's like to lose a parent from cancer and I'm just so sorry for your loss!

This is an adorable card, I love that image and the DP is just perfect.
Hugs, Christine

Christine said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I also lost my father to cancer. Take some time to grieve and lean on those friends. That is what they are there for. Love your card. I hope to see more soon.
xoxo, Christine